Working Tax Credit Limitations
If you dont have children
Childless couple who wish to receive WTC need to work for the following hours:
- 25 or above aged people should ensure a minimum of 30 hours of work per week
- Disabled and 16 and above should ensure a minimum of 16 hours of work per week
- 60 or over should ensure minimum of 16 hours of work per week
If you have children
Whether youre single or a couple and responsible for children, you need to be aged 16 or over to claim WTC. Review the following details to know how many hours you need to work?
- If youre single, a minimum of 16 hours of paid work per week
- If youre a couple, a minimum of 24 hours of paid work per week is mandatory requirement; also one amongst you need to work at least 16 hours per week
Remember! If your joint working hours are less than 24 hours per week, you can still claim tax credit, provided you meet specific eligibility criteria. For any inquiry on tax credit or child care benefits you may use this website or call us directly to find the tax credit information. To know how much percentage repayment you will be tax benefitted feel free to utilise our service.